Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sometimes I Must Ask Myself, Why Do I Live Here...

Oh... THAT'S right, I live here because I love snow and snow is fun. Silly me, how could I forget that.


Oh yes and I especially "love" it when I saw the yard stick read 21" of drifted snow was in the driveway for me to try and remove after today's storm. YaY!!



Tell me now, isn't gettin' snow down your snowmobile boots the bee's knees? Ahhhh, such a "great" feelin'!
(Where the heck is a pair of Frederick's of Hollywood thigh high boots when ya really need 'em?)



Lucky me, I get to unbury all the firewood under that tarp otherwise we will freeze with the reported below zero temperatures soon to follow this evenin'. I'm "giddy" just thinkin' about it!



Ya wanna know what's more fun than a barrel of monkeys?
Tryin' to dig out the ol' pick up truck then accidentally breakin' off the windshield wiper so when you finally do get it all cleaned off you can't leave to go anywhere because ya won't be able to see out the window as you drive. Yippee!!



Nothin' like shovelin' the steps and walkway...



only to turn around and see it has drifted back in again within minutes. Oh the joy!



Finally, it doesn't get any better than this... Forty eight hours ago when it was 55 degrees and all the snow had completely melted I said to myself, "I think I'll wait until New Year's Day to take down all the outdoor Christmas decorations."



"Yeppers! I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!"
Ya can't see it, but my nose is growin' like Pinocchio's.
I've had enough snow for now.
(But it sure is purty!)

:> )

9 comments:

Chatty Kathy~Palmetto Prims said...

Oh, Peanut, I'll come help you dig out and then bring the snow home with me for a few days!! LOL!! Happy New Year!!!! Hugs, Chatty Kathy

Doreen Frost said...

I feel your pain Peanut....I'm experiencing the same thing here in VT!!! It must hit you first and then come over to VT!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Hugs,
D

Laura said...

Karin I sat in the window at work and watched it fall ,Lucky us !!Thank God for four wheel drive!
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and Mr. Sunshine...lol !!

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

I'm guessin then, that you don't wanna hear that we'll probably have to run the A/C in a day or so...
I think the snow is just gorgeous and am envious of the beauty you get to enjoy....
Now as for the shovelin and all....YUK!

Happy New Year Peanut!

Janelle

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Hi Peanut,
Goodness.. so that's where the snow went to today... .. all we have here is a dusting... which is fine with me really.. but we have the icey cold weather, though.

Looks like I am blog hoppin tonight..

Wishin you a very Happy New Year !
Hugs,
Linda

Cookie said...

its official - You've gone over the edge, Goob!!!

Just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year - lets look forward to a fresh start full of health, happiness, and a buttload of laughs ♥

You know you are a treasure to my heart :)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

hey there! OHMYGOSH...I would be ticked to have it all gone one day and back in full force the next day...it is purrty but please don't make me drive and yeah..I think I am waiting till the weekend to take my down..cause I just don't feel like it...thats my story and I'm stickin to it..hope you are staying warm and got your boots all dried out..only to start this again...how are those mittens treating you...getting any fun looks from folks..I wear my socks and they always get compliments..they are fun...:)happy new year..yours started off with a bang er piles of snow..

tattered 'n torn prims said...

I'm sorry to admit....that all of us have had a little chuckle over your dilemma.....I'm soooo sorry...it's just that you make being snowed in quite funny!! Hope it all melts enough to be safe on the trails for ya!!!!!
Stay safe!!

Stace

My Colonial Home said...

Oh yeah, you got snow! lol
Wow...so much.
Stay warm and HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...