Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Arbor Day Folks...




TREES
Joyce Kilmer 1886–1918



I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.



A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;



A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;



A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;



Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.



Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.



Woo-hoo! Today is Arbor Day here in New York State!



If you'd like to find out when Arbor Day is in your area, check out The National Arbor Day Foundation map and plant a tree.



Uh-oh... I vaguely remember sayin' I was goin' to start my New Year's resolution of exercisin' more and healthier eatin' on Arbor Day. Sigh.


The next time I open my trap about New Year's resolutions, will someone please cram a pinecone in it?


:> )

3 comments:

tattered 'n torn prims said...

Gorgeous pix!!!We do take nature for granted don't we (or rather I)!!! A tree starts anew each year.....which is why it was a grand idea to start your new resolutions today......how're ya doin' w/ that???? :O)

Ummm......when did you redo the walls around here? It matches your website huh!!! GORGEOUS!!!! (If it has been changed for months, just agree with me that it's new......I'll get really upset otherwise.....you know....that I'm SO YOUNG....and yet so brain-dead!!)

Stace

Susan said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I always loved this poem, but me thinks that Mr. Kilmer had more than trees on his mind. Bosom and breast in one poem, come now, Sir.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

looking for the feather so I can win big prizes...now where did I put that pinecone...great photos..have a great weekend you goober..:) I mean that in the nicest way you know..:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...