Monday, February 7, 2011

I've Got A Question...

If you knew you had to sing a very important national anthem in front of 111+ million people, wouldn't you make sure you knew the lyrics to that particular song backwards, forwards and inside out?



Yeah, that's what I thought. Me too.
Unfortunately Ms. Aguilera didn't get that memo. I wonder if she ever flubbed the words to Lady Marmalade? I'm guessing Giuchie, Giuchie, ya ya dada can be quite a mouthful.
For the record, I think she has a fantastic set of pipes and is extremely talented. But last night, I was extremely disappointed. Maybe she should have written the lyrics on the palm of her hand.


Now I'm not a football fan and I don't know much about the game. But I will say I can't believe the Political Correctness BS in sports. GB Packer Nick Collins runs (which seemed like an eternity) to make an awesome touchdown and in his excitement he reacts and the ref gives 'em a penalty??



Are they afraid of hurting someone's feelings? Give me a break.
Obviously they haven't seen my reaction after getting a hole-in-one at the Putt-Putt Miniature Golf Course.
My arms and legs flail as I scream in victory. Heck, if I had cymbals I would clank them between my knees.


I don't have much to say about the Black Eyed Peas half time show. Maybe I'm too old.That whole "futuristic" thing never worked for me except for Mystery Science Theater 3000.



Next came Slash... Man, I would LOVE to take a pair of scissors to his hair. That Fergie gal is quite the looker but her singing ability is something to be desired. Unless instead of live, she's better on Memorex. Truthfully, I would have preferred to watch Tom Petty's 2008 Super Bowl Half Time Show again. OR have needles in my eyes. Hmmm... It's a toss up.


Next topic... The commercials. Three million dollars for a 30 second time slot? Really? Wow. I could think of better ways to spend 3 mill but to each his own.
So all that hype and for what? If it wasn't violent or sexually explicit it was dare I say... pure stupidity? Yep, I dare say.
I can't imagine sitting next to a wee one when the commercial for Teleflora came on. A young guy talks about his girlfriend as having a "nice rack" as Faith Hill listens. (Faith darlin', are you that desperate? You have three daughters for Pete's sake. I thought you had more class than that.)
Then there was the Doritos finger suckig', pants stealing stalker guy which totally creeped me out. HomeAway catapults a "test baby" against a glass window and a gal whips a can of Coke or Pepsi (heck I can't remember which one) and knocks another gal sitting near her clean unconscious and these are supposed to be "funny?" What is happening to our society?
As far as the majority of the others all I have to say is, "Please don't insult my intelligence."


Before someone get their wears in a wad over my comments remember... You may be right. I may be crazy. But it's just my opinion. (And I'm having a lil' fun)
Can't wait for the next Super Bowl.
:> )

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I always love hearing your thoughts.
But I will say....
This Die Hard Steelers Fan personally Loved the penalty.
I just call it even, after the all the holding they did and didnt get called for. :) LOL!!

Thanks for sharing!!
Take Care,
Tam

Sheila said...

High five, sista! Once again, you nailed it on the head. I couldn't have said it better myself. I've been wondering what's happened to our society for some time now.
You go girl........
~Sheila

Tina said...

Well, I'll tell ya dearie, I couldn't agree with you more. It was the topic of convos all over the office today and even if Christina A got all the lyrics perfect, the vocal gymnastics with a song that I feel should be sung with respect was more than I could take. I thought the half time show blew! and I was particularly ticked about the injection of political lyrics left leaning garbage inserted in the song with "Obama, you need to educate the children" Really? So sick of it. For once, the game outshined everything else. Ok, I've vented. Thanks for the opportunity.
T

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I couldn't have said it better myself..I would swear you channel me sometimes..:) yeah with the slump this economy is in..we could spend that money on giving folks their houses and jobs back..have a good one..;) soul sister.;)

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Whew! Glad to know others feel the same way. ♥

Anonymous said...

How can you NOT know the lyrics to your country's national anthem? Easy, it's not important any more. We're mostly spared the big U.S. sports extravaganzas by a) virtue of the time difference and b) the audience for anything but "football" aka soccer, is almost non existent in the U.K.

Funny, you say the game was stupidly PC, but the commercials sound like they set out to offend just about anybody. Weird.

Maureen said...

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE run for President in the next election? I think you could straighten every thing out with your healthy dose of Common Sense.
You've got my vote :)

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

((giggle))
:> )

Patty ♣ said...

I AGREE Wholeheartedly!!! With everything said by you and the others!

Hanni said...

You nailed it on the head! We are all humans and make mistakes, but she should have known her words before she started singing. Kind of embarrasing. All that money that was spent on all these commercials could have done good to so many people here in this country, well I guess the money is still there to spend on unimportant issues. This will never change.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...