Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm Alright...

Really, I'm fine. I'm just a lil' nutty.


I've been kicking around the idea of painting our vaulted wood ceiling in the kitchen for years and I finally did it!


Believe me, I'm not one to paint over any wood. But after all the hard work I put into my kitchen cabinets, the early 80's wood ceiling was looking tired, dated and quite frankly, orange.


Photobucket


Photobucket


So off to the paint store I did go.


The biggest obstacle for me was dealing with my acrophobia.
But after clingin' to the step ladder for dear life and praying to the good Lord above not to take me just yet, I finished it in a few days.


A big "Thank You" to my dear, sweet hubs who cringes when I tackle projects like this and swears he won't help me but always does. ♥ He painted the tippy top after seeing my knees knock in fear after being on the third rung.


Photobucket


:> )

9 comments:

Sandies' Patch said...

Well done Gal!
It looks so much fresher, and spreads the light around too!
I'm not one for painted wood either but, that needed doing!
Love it!

Sandie xx

tj said...

...I can't get over the difference! I thought your kitchen was just beautiful before but the cabinets and now the painted ceiling just seems to bump up the 'oomph' a couple of notches! Amazing!

...Fantastic job girl! Better watch out tho', folks will wanna start hiring you for design jobs now... ;o)

...Blessings :o)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh I so love it painted..looks much fresher and more updated like you said..glad you were safe on that ladder..bet its your favorite place to be now isn;t it...:)

jennifer768 said...

I do not do heights !Love how this turned out.Your kitchen is so much brighter . Hugs,Jen

Susan said...

It looks great. No only have I been known to paint over wood, I have even painted over exposed brick. A gal does what a gal has to do. You did a great job. Work while you're young kiddo, in ten years you will procrastinate on things like this. Once again, great job. Oh, and kisses for the little piggy. Hee, Hee.

marly said...

What a difference. It really makes the ceiling vault stand out and I give you credit. My neck couldn't handle it. Does Steve like it?

bayrayschild said...

FABULOUS!

Audrey

Tina said...

I'm amazed at what a difference this made. Love it
T

Anonymous said...

Wow what a difference the lighter color makes...looks fabulous and LOVE your kitchen; lovin' the double oven and your stainless steel! I'd die for a vaulted ceiling...well it'll hopefully be in my next house...
patti

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...