Sunday, March 10, 2013

Yes, I'm nuttier than a squirrel turd.

That's a good description when it comes to the way I like to re-decorate.
For instance when most folks paint a room, they'll keep it that color for 10 years or longer.
Not me.

I painted my 1776 peninsula back in 2010 and I am ready for change.
Ummm... I really don't like to use the word "change" so I'll use the words "something different."
I am ready for something different.

 photo flagpeninsula2_zps6c793802.jpg

My hubs really wants me to keep it. So I've decided to meet him halfway. Well kind of.
I want to cover it with beadboard. But I won't glue it on, I'll nail it on.

This way when I'm long gone and someone else lives in this old farmhouse, they may decide to remove the beadboard and they'll discover my art.

But my guess is with the direction our country is being "nudged" in, they'll probably say, "1776?? What happened that year???"

That's when I will roll over in my grave and I will come back and haunt them.

 photo flagpeninsula_zps0ff72fac.jpg

I've also decided to repaint the red (closet and back)doors. I want to go with a brighter red. Actually, I plan to use the exact red I painted our French doors.

As you can see, I tortured my sweet hubs with my nuttiness by making him take a French door off it's hinges and bring it into the kitchen so I could see how the color would look.

 photo awnre2_zpseeca7b9d.jpg

Awning Red by Behr. It's not too bright. Not too dull. It's juuuuuust right.
Note to self: Next time remember to wipe down the French doors before photographing.

 photo 7576d5a8-4228-4d2a-9a71-6802b7652615_zpsa9141b69.jpg

Oh and I'm also making room for the dry sink
I don't have... yet.
Which is why I removed the gossip bench and put this console in its place. The dry sink
I don't have yet will go on the other side of the kitchen.

I removed it because quite frankly, we never used it. Very impractical. Unlike this console which will be used strictly for decoration.
((giggle))

 photo 16bd55a2-486a-4c4c-afb6-b367847f9c03_zps8a268628.jpg

Hmmm. I may have to paint the dry sink
I don't have yet, that same red and antique/distress it.

See. I told you I am nuttier than a squirrel turd.

Happy Sunday!

:> )


8 comments:

Tina said...

great ideas, nutty friend. T

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Karin, love your idea on the pennisula, beadboard would look fine....the red is just right too, great ideas....your home is so very wonderful, love it, Francine, another nut :)

tj said...

...I cannot believe you are going to cover up your 1776 peninsula! Say it isn't so! (says a person who paints a room and keeps it that color for 10 years or longer) *giggle*shrug* :oD

...And seriously, you gotta love a man who will remove a door just to check the color. You got yourself a keeper there! ;o)

...Either way, whatever you decide, I'm certain it will be awesome! It always is. :o)

...We love ya you nutty lil' squirrel turd you! :o)

...Blessings.

Unknown said...

Morning Karin,
I love your flag counter.
It is so You! Plus you did an amazing job on it.
But I can completely relate about being in the mood for something different.
I've been going thru the same thing lately.
It's not that I dislike what my house looks like now, I'm just a little bored with it.
There is something Fun and Exciting about changing things up.
Great idea about just covering it with beadboard.
I would be so giddy if I moved into a home and found such an awesome surprise!
Plus this way if you ever want it back, poof, it's back, without having to repaint it.
Love the red for the doors.
Can't wait to see your changes.
Hugs
Tam

bayrayschild said...

Awww, no more patriot peninsula?
I kind of thought of it as your signature.
I've come to know how much you love the ol' red, white & blue and our history.

No matter what your project is it always adds up to perfection!

Can't wait to see them!
Audrey

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks, ladies! ♥
Man, I get like this every spring! (and summer and fall and winter) ;> )
I'm so looking forward to this project.
But I'm not sure how I'm going to keep Stella AKA Rosemary's Puppy from "helping" me.

Peri said...

I cannot wait to see Stella painted red after helping you! What's black and white and red all over? SuperPup after helping paint the red doors!
It will be fantastic on the wood however!
I am worse than you are...I do this about every eight or nine months! Result is that I have tons of stuff in storage out in the garage (read now a huge closet).
You go, S T, you go!

Laura said...

Oh no ,bead board boring ..lol I too like to change it up all the time ,but I'm with Erron save 1776 !! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...