Friday, January 31, 2014

By Jove, I think I've got it!!!

Man, I've been racking my brain to come up with an accent color to go in my our soon-to-be new bathroom.
I thought about every color under the sun, but nothing gave me that "Aha" moment.

That was until now...

This little baby is my inspiration color! The subtle, pale blue of a vintage canning jar.

 photo canning1_zps14deb64f.jpg

Blue canning jars + an old farmhouse = Perfection!

canning2 photo canning2_zpsd4519619.jpg

canning3 photo canning3_zpsbd5f5666.jpg

Here's yet another reason why I love Pinterest!
You get fantastic ideas!
To heck with Facebook! Pinterest is where it's at!



Ooooh, I have plenty of old wooden crates to hang on the wall for shelving.
The wood tones will not only warm up the space it will look perfect with my newly sanded pine floorboards!



Even though I don't have a free standing tub I can still get the look I'm shooting for.
Ooops, the NSA will flag me for that one.
((giggle))


Okay, I've got to get back to work.

Don't forget to swing by Early Work Mercantile after 6pm (est) this evening!

Click on the banner below to go directly to my page.

 photo ewmlogosmall_zps058518cc.jpg

:> )








5 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Oh Karin, you hit the jackpot on the color, love the Bar Jar blue.....Also love Pinterest, to much, Blessings Francine.

Penny said...

Great accent color for your farmhouse bathroom! Can't wait to see it all done up!

Raymond Homestead said...

You picked a great color!

Peri said...

Wonderful ideas! Great inspiration piece. I am using that same color for my cabinets in the kitchen this year with taupe walls and a slate floor. Fun colors.
Keep on keeping on!

jennifer768 said...

Awesome inspiration,what a beautiful color.Can't wait to see your bathroom.Hugs,Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...