Monday, January 20, 2014

It's getting there,

slowly but surely.

We're at a bit of a standstill. I got word the tub I ordered won't be delivered until the end of the month. Ack!
Oh well.

Truthfully, the tub is my biggest worry. I'm worried
(make that terrified) to see what the walls and floor look like around and under the old tub. It was terrifying enough to see the old pine floorboards around the crapper.

Since the upper part of the old drywall was in decent shape, I was able to patch where need be, sand it then prime/paint it with the new wall color.
The lower half looks like h*ll but will be covered up with beadboard, so who gives a rip?
I must thank my dear internet friend Cookie's (Curds and Whey) hubby who is an expert drywaller for his much needed advice. Thanks, Darrell!! ♥

Here's a few photos of the progress.
A "before."

beforebath2 photo beforebath2_zps4cb4e302.jpg

 photo sink2_zps8cb6a3c9.jpg

Just for sh*ts and giggles I asked my sweet hubs to place the sink so I could get a visual.
So far, so good.

 photo sink1_zps38af8e4c.jpg

I do have a bit of a dilemma. Most would probably fluff it off, but I can't seem to.

I bought the pedestal sink and the john at two different stores.

Since most everything sold in the United States these days is made in China because they own us,
(Ooops, did I type that out loud? Silly me.) I assumed the vitreous China used would be the same color. My assumption was wrong.

It may not be noticeable in the photo but they are two different colors. The sink is more bone color and the toilet is definitely white.

 photo sink2_zpsabd8adc4.jpg

The dilemma is, should I return the toilet and purchase one from the store I purchased the sink, hoping it will be closer in color? Or keep the one I have?

Or I could just say "to h*ll with it," return the toilet and use this instead.

bathpot photo bathroom4.jpg

Hey, it's better than the woods.

((giggle))

Happy Monday, everyone.

:> )



7 comments:

Annie Beez said...

Return it. If you're like me it will never stop bothering you. Just sayin'...

Primitive Stars said...

Love to visit you Karin, your such a hoot, make my day......Well, I to would return the throne for one closer in color to the sink, you really want the redo the way you like it, right, Good Luck, Francine.

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

ROFLMBO...I say go with the last option it's far more authentic and period correct...I'm ocd take the toilet back or it will nag you forever...good luck hugs lil raggedy Angie

Carol Roll said...

return it as it may be more obvious in different lighting during the day and it'll drive you nuts.

Raymond Homestead said...

I agree, it will probably bug you if you don't return it.

Peri said...

Since you never let people upstairs and no one will see it but you and Hubby and the dogs, do whatever is the easiest and cheapest to do. If you prefer the color of the sink, change the toilet but if you prefer the color of the toilet, change the sink. I have seen both that shade of bone and the white and I personally wouldn't worry about the difference...but then I am lazy! Do whatever makes you happy!! I would cheat and do the walls in one color and the wainscot in the other color and tell people I am matching both colors!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks, everyone! If they weren't going to be next to each other I wouldn't mind the slight color difference. But they will be next to each other so it will bug the crap out of me. (pardon the pun) ((giggle))
We're going to keep it. BUT I'm going back to the store I bought the sink from and see if I can find a john that matches closer in color. If I do, we'll have two. :> )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...