Thursday, April 10, 2014

Been busy, moving furniture, painting furniture and "treasure" hunting...

in the upstairs of our old barn.

I never thought to place furniture on and angle in a small room without a lot of wall space.

But I did and it worked! Hey, you live and learn.

I put the "new" (old) settee I recently picked up, on an angle and I'm diggin' it!

As you can see, I was being watched by the "peanut gallery."

 photo rm1_zpsccefa1c6.jpg

 photo rm2_zps3a78de93.jpg

I'd like to put a small table in front of that settee instead of the ottoman. But the girls use it as a springboard and thoroughly enjoy it.
I also painted the ceiling. What pain in the *ss painting in between the beams.


Next, I've been wanting to paint the T.V. stand to coordinate with the new room color. So I did just that.

 photo tv_zps3d917b96.jpg

One of my pet peeves is exposed dvds. Makes me crazy! Reminds me of a dorm room.
I own no dvds. These are all my sweet hubs. They are just a tiny handful of his collection.

Since I have the attention span of a gnat, I find it difficult to sit through an entire movie. Which is probably why I haven't stepped into a movie theater since the 1980's. I believe the movie was "Raising Arizona."

Finally comes the "treasure hunting." I must give my sweet hubs credit for this one. I've never been in the upper part of our barn.
Me + no stairs + only a ladder access = Emergency Room visit.

So he tells me he found something up there he thinks I'm going to like.

It's a cool, old, beat up, long wooden box! My favorite!!

 photo box_zps922f1621.jpg

Sure it has a little bird poo and mouse poo in it, but that never hurt anybody!

Ummm... Actually, it has. I take that back.


I'll clean it up and leave it out in the sun. They say the sun is the best disinfectant. So if I don't die from Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome, we'll know that's a true statement.

Happy Thursday!!

:> )









4 comments:

Diana said...

karin~~~ I am so so very sorry I have not been keeping in touch, seems life keeps passing us by. I see your Puppy is all grown up now and cute as a button, as is ours..Our house is on the market again..Stop on by and say hello, and I promise I will not be MIA again!! :-)

Maureen said...

Gosh that room is charming! Angles...who knew?! I am curious to see what you will end up making out of that treasure box :)

Primitive Stars said...

Oh Karin, love the cozy room, looks great. Love the old box too, something about them, Blessings Francine.

Alison said...

I do believe you'd die of boredom if you didn't have a project on the go!

Ali

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...