Friday, April 25, 2014

It only took me 2,472 coats to paint...

these old shutters.

 photo bathagain1_zpsbb00383e.jpg

Okay. Maybe not that many coats. But it sure felt like it.

I have been hanging on to these old, antique shutters for years and years. I have a total of only three pairs. Two of the pairs hang in my keeping room windows. All painted black. None of them are the correct size for my windows but I don't give a rat's patootie. I love them.

So I decided to hang the last pair in our newly updated bathroom.

Sure I purposely bought pretty buffalo check fabric to make a curtain for the bathroom. But I didn't realize how dark it would still be in there.
It's like a lovely bear cave with beadboard and a pedestal sink.

I then
foolishly lovingly thought my sweet hubs wouldn't mind taking the time to gently pull one side of the curtain back, and neatly wrap the cute little button tie back I made and button it in place.

Well, the first few times he "gently pulled one side of the curtain back, and neatly wrapped the cute little button tie back I made and buttoned it in place."

The next few times it was haphazardly pulled back and the cute little button tie back was wrapped around the curtain like a bungee cord.

I knew it was time for a change when I saw the curtain off the window, across the chair and the tie back was laying on the floor.

I must say at the expense of my sweet hubs I had a good belly laugh when I saw that.
((giggle))

That was my ah-ha moment! The last pair of antique shutters will go on the bathroom window!!
How difficult can that be for him?!

 photo bathroomagain2_zps54dec633.jpg

Ummm... Only time will tell.
((hee-hee))


Happy Friday, everyone!!

:> )








7 comments:

Alison said...

That song "99 Problems But A B**ch Ain't One" popped into my head when I read the post title. LOL!

I'll get me coat then shall I? .....

Primitive Stars said...

Happy Friday Karin, I love the look of the shutters, so country. Blessings Francine.

Susan said...

I hope he doesn't go all He-Man on you and rip them off. xoxo

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Hey Ali I must confess, I had no idea what the heck song that was. So I Googled it. ((hee-hee)) Never been much of a Jazzie J fan. Or is it J Zee Willikers? Make that Beyonce's hubs. :> )

Thanks, Francine. It's the perfect "farmhousey" look. (I know "farmhousey isn't a word, but you know what I mean.)

((giggle)) Peachy, my hubs is too much of a sweetheart to get all He-Manish on the shutters. Not to mention I'd get all "Skeletorish", if he did. ((hee-hee))

Peri said...

Ha Ha. Your sweetie did exactly what I would likely have done! Too much trouble. Besides, if there is a light in the bathroom, why bother with tying back a curtain..use the light.
I do like the idea of the bear cave though!!

Jessica said...

LOL hubbies sure are funny aren't they. ;) LOVE your bathroom! :)

Diana said...

LOl you crack me up...Love it..Well, we FINALLY SOLD OUR HOUSE..YAY!!! Finally getting away from that crazy woman. Building again. But all for the best. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...