Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Ta-dah!

 photo kitcurt1_zps1n7agxwf.jpg

Well, it took me longer than expected to stitch these new curtains up. The buffalo check print wasn't square. Ack!
Since I'm not an expert sewer, I basically flew by the seat of my pants to make them look as straight as I could.

What a difference in the beautiful, natural light that streams in now!! YaY!!! The kitchen looks so much bigger, too. Double YaY!!

 photo bufcurtains_zpsoc9xnsly.jpg

My only concern is the length at the sink window. They are level with the faucet handles. I should shorten them seeing mine and my hubs occasional dirty mitts will eventually get those clean, crisp curtains all cr*pped up. Maybe at the sill would be wise.
I'll pin them up to see if I like how they look.

I even have enough fabric leftover to make a valance for the powder room window off the the kitchen.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with how they came out.
Buffalo check makes me smile!!

Happy Wednesday, all!

:> )











7 comments:

Unknown said...

Excuse me while I pick my tongue up off the floor! Wowzers!! Your kitchen is gorgeous!!! Can I move in with ya? :O) You have done a fabulous job on those saweet curtains. I seriously need to move into a farmhouse and DO THIS! Bravo!

Judi Hunziker said...

They are beautiful, great job!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thank you kindly, ladies! I can't stress enough how wonderful all the natural light is now! It's amazing. As much as I love my black/tan homespun curtains I made previously, these make the kitchen so much cheerier. It was definitely worth the occasional cursing (and bleeding from pin pricks) I did as I made them. I'm surprised none of you heard me. ((giggle)) ;> )

Dixie Redmond said...

LOVE them!!! I still have no curtains anywhere. ;-)

janie said...

They look GREAT!!! Please share where you purchased your fabric?


LOve your kitchen!! Enjoy Janie

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks so much, ladies! Janie, I got it from Carousel Designs. :> )

janie said...

Thank you for the info.

Janie :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...