Sunday, June 5, 2016

Holy Smokes! Where does the time go?!

Wow! It's been over a week since I posted last!

Well, I've been swinging my ax, working on creating new Americana Firewood Folks. Man, it's been quite some time and I forgot how much goes into making those sweet, lil' buggers! I also forgot how much I love making them!
Thank goodness I haven't lost a finger... yet. So all is well at the ol' Countryfolk homestead. ((giggle))

Also, Betsy and I have been enjoying some time together. We have a lot in common. We're old-ish and not very fast. But we give 110% in all that we do.

 photo bet1_zpsjsboywjp.jpg

 photo bet2_zpspcohnq8s.jpg

Finally, I've been enjoying the wonderful, sunny weather we've been having. Even sat outside to get a little color. Lord knows my milk toast self could use some. Although at my age I have to be careful. I don't want to end up looking like "Magda."
If you know your movies, you should get that one. ((hee hee))

That's it for now. I've got so much to do and not enough hours in the day.
My next big project is to tackle refinishing these old pine floorboards again. It's been at least 13 years since I did them. They are overdue.

Happy Sunday, all!!

 photo bet3_zpsrynkqo3h.jpg

Remember to get outside and enjoy the beauty around you.
Wherever you are, there's always beauty around you.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the weather. Have the girls been keeping you company outside? I imagine that Stella will help with the refinishing.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Phyllis, Gracie not so much. But Stella is my furry, little shadow. ♥ Of course all she wants to do is chase her little, rubber ball and cries uncontrollably if I don't throw it. (I have got to get that on video and post it!)
I plan on refinishing one room at a time. Not sure how I'll keep Stella out. I can picture her riding on the sander. ((hee hee))

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Karin, finally bought my Country Sampler and was so excited to see your wonderful home inside, loved it!!!!!! Nice to finally enjoy the weather, need some sunshine.Blessings Francine.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks so much, Francine!! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...