Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Who knew??!!!

I just found out some exciting news!!!!

While many may scoff at (what I consider) my exciting news, my fellow DIY'ers might share in my excitement!!

Ready??!!!

Okay! I just found out I can (high temp) spray paint our enamel wood stove!!! WOO HOO!!!!
You can't see me now, but I'm doing a jig!!

I know... You're thinking, "That's what you consider exciting news??"
Why yes indeedy, I sure do!!

You see years back when I picked out our wood stove for the keeping room, at the time I guess I thought "diarrhea brown"
(Did I type that out loud? Sorry.) would be a complimentary color.
I swear, they must have had different lighting in the hearth store we purchased it from.
Anyway, I never had the nerve to tell me sweet hubs how much I strongly disliked the color. Especially after convincing him to spend more money on the enamel.
He wanted black.

 photo woods_zpsxmhwxh36.jpg

Well, I always thought it would be too big of a production to sandblast it and try to remove the enamel. From what I've read, it's impossible to do anyway.
BUT if I take the time, I can prime and spray paint it!

Heck, you all know I'm the queen of painting stuff!
I even tackled our little cast iron wood stove in the kitchen a few years back. Remember?

 photo 22cc14b9-c9e4-4146-8848-8b9e5f4a5a61_zps6d7ad6d5.jpg

Since I'm an old school kind of a gal, I want the stove to be a traditional black.
Shhh... My sweet hubs was right. Although if it were in the kitchen, I'd consider red. After all, red is my favorite color and wood stoves look awesome red!

That leaves me with what finish. I'm not one for high gloss paint. Personally, not only is it too contemporary for my taste, it also shows every single imperfection on the surface. Ack! But Since the wood stove is textured and decorative, it may have a nice formal look to it. But it's a hard sell.
A satin finish is what I used on the kitchen wood stove. Although it looks more like an eggshell than satin to me.
So whattayathink? High gloss or satin??!!!
I'm open to suggestions!

Well, now it's time for me to kick back for a bit and stop drooling on myself. I needed a filling taken care of so it was my turn to go to the dentist this morning. I'm still numb so I find myself talking like Bill Murray in Caddyshack.
But it didn't stop me from sucking on a piece of Dove milk chocolate... and if you tell my dentist, I'll deny it! ((hee hee))

Happy Wednesday, all!!

:> )





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Karin, I think that the satin finish would look great. I like the stove in the kitchen. We have a small, electric stove that is a matte black that I love. However, red might be nice for a change in the future. Red is my favorite color as well.
I hope Stella and Gracie are both well.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

I have to agree, Phyllis. Although I just got off the phone with a guy who said it can't be done. BUT he's owns a local retail wood stove business. When I asked if he's ever painted one, he said no. Just that it can't be done. Hmmm... I may have to (try) and prove him wrong. ;> )

Unknown said...

I would try it. As long as it is a paint that can withstand high temperatures, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have to my admire your initiative. I'm not good at painting. However, my mom was a better painter than my dad.
Hope your little friend doesn't want to help.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...