Sunday, September 25, 2016

I wish there were a Washington


For every failed state,
A Jefferson or Madison
To guide them through the gate.

I wish there were a Lincoln
For those now ripped apart,
A Roosevelt or Kennedy
For those that have no heart.

I wish each had the fortune
With which we have been blessed,
And found in their own founders
Fit heroes for the quest.

I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish,
But such things none can will.
One can only plant the seeds
And shape the soil well.
~Unknown

 photo keepingrm_zpsnvxgklp1.jpg


2 comments:

Trisha said...

Love this poem!
And the debate tonight... Do we just watch it like a reality show? Cause I'm pretty sure it's going to be drama and not serious. I miss debates like with GWB who is very well versed and could shut another candidate up

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

I loved the poem, too!
I made it through the first half hour... that was it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...