Wednesday, April 22, 2020

After 20 years here at the ol' Countryfolk Homestead...

It's official.



Our plan is to remove that wall behind the hutch on Saturday!! Yippee!!

As much as I love this little room, it's never used. So opening it up into the keeping room will be much better... and warmer since the wood stove is in there. I think the exposed brick chimney will look really cool, too.

But I really can't bring myself to remove the whole wall since part of it is my American flag wall I painted.
I will have to lose up to the doorway and I'm okay with that. Then again, I could change my mind and let it all go!



Lots of figuring out to do. We have ceiling beams in the keeping room and not in this room. Also that beautiful old barn siding will have to be rearranged to blend both rooms. Hopefully my sweet hubs and I won't want to kill each other during the process. But hey... you never know. ((hee hee))

I'm excited and nervous. There's always a concern for opening up a can of worms when doing renos in an old house. But I'm keeping positive.
Ooooh!!! Maybe there will be old gold coins in the wall??!! Or maybe... Jimmy Hoffa!! Yikes!!! ((giggle))

I plan on posting photos of the reno so stay tuned!!

:> )


3 comments:

Maureen said...

You gave me a scare with your opening sentence lady. I thought you were hinting at moving off the homestead and that didn't sound right at all! whew, I thought coronavirusmania got ya.

My son and DIL bought a very old (1901-ish) brick farmhouse. They opened up that original little structure a bit and added an addition to the back. They just moved into it in January. Son has some work to finish up on the original part of the house but it's charming. He did have surprises along the way but someone always came up with a fix. I wish you good luck with the project. I have full confidence in you and your hubs!!

Maureen said...

hee hee heeee, your supervisor in the second picture looks like she's thinking, Well what are we waiting for???? I think you should fit her for a hard hat and tool belt

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

It did read like that, didn't it?! Ha Ha!! Nah, the coronavirusmania didn't get me!
Oh my, I bet your son and DIL's place is wonderful! Always thrilled to hear when younguns purchase old homes. They are a lot of work, but oh so worth it!!
As usual, Stella will be supervising the job on Saturday. She runs this whole place. ((giggle))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...