Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, right?

I've never read the book, but the title says it all.
Example. I told my sweet hubs I ordered new living room curtains. With the new windows, I figured it was time to replace the ones we've had for 10 years. He thought it was a good idea also.
Many of you know, I'm not a froufrou curtain kind of gal. I have sheers and tab curtains on many of our windows, including the living room. I like the simple and casual look of them. Heck, I'd have no curtains at all if it wasn't for my hubs.

So I searched and searched and finally found just the right tab curtains I was looking for online at JC Penney.

Photobucket

I picked them up at the store the other day and spent the whole afternoon ironing and hanging them just right.

Photobucket

When hubs came home he walked in the living and said to me, "So you didn't like the new curtains??"
HuH??!! After spending hours ironing and hanging them, that was the only word I could utter at the moment. But after I mustered up enough energy I bellowed, "THOSE are the new curtains!!!"

"Oh. They don't look any different to me."
At that point I had to physically sit on my hands otherwise I'd find them wrapped around his neck.

I then explained, "THOSE old curtains are "Sienna Red", THESE new curtains are "Rustic Red!" There's a difference! Jeepers! Get with the program, pal!"

So not only are Men from Mars, some might be a little colorblind and won't admit it.

Happy Wednesday!

:> )


5 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I truly believe men are from Mars!
They just don't get it!!!
Next time just wrap the curtains around his neck ~ he'll notice then that they are new ~ up close!!!LOL
Enjoy your day!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Primitive Stars said...

Hi, yes!! they are from Mars, what is with them,haha. Love the new color, Rustic Red, wonderful. Blessings Francine.

tj said...

...Yeah, men are funny like that. Strange species they are. *giggle* :o)

...LOVE that last photo - your curtains & sheers are beautiful! Great choice!

...Oh, and I saw you on Pinterest today - Yay!

...Have a lovely rest o' the day!

...Blessings :o)

Cindi said...

I love them and of course they are a different color! LOL
be blessed,
Cindi

Laura said...

Your right ,they don't get it ..lol it all looks the same to them !
They are beautiful Karin ! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...