Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My mama is the "Queen of Cool and Unusual Stuff."

Whether she's shopping at a yard sale or at the mall, she has a knack for finding really neat items.

She called the other day and said, "I picked up something for you at a yard sale. I think you'll like it. It's a goose nut cracker."

A goose nut cracker? All I could picture was a 1980's white goose statue with the raincoat, hat and galoshes. Remember those? You could dress them up in all kinds of outfits and leave them outside on your lawn for the whole world to see.
Since waterfowl in leg warmers and a headband isn't for me, I was a little hesitant. But my sweet hubs stopped by her house yesterday to pick it up.

Oh my! I was thrilled to see it was a Canada goose! (my favorite goose) I love this!

Photobucket

So a big KUDOS to my mama yet again for finding the cool and unusual!

I think he will look quite handsome with some mixed nuts in the box base. Unfortunately, my family and I cannot all fit in there so a bag of mixed nuts will have to do.

:> )


4 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, oh that is really wonderful,love it, kuddo`s to Mom!!! Blessings Francine.

tj said...

...Oh, it all makes sense. I see now where you get your Queen of Cool from! ;o)

...Wonderful nut cracker - perfect pick Mama Peanut! :o)

...Enjoy your day Karin!

...Blessings :o)

Susan said...

How cool is that. I had envisioned a metal hinged hand held nut cracker with a goose head on the ends. Your's makes much more sense.

Laura said...

Aright MOM !! what a great find :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...