Friday, February 21, 2014

I learned a very important lesson today...

I do not know how to cut crown molding. Nope. Haven't a clue.

I thought I would surprise my sweet hubs and have it all done when he got home from work.

My first cut...
Ooops.
My second cut...
Uh-oh.
My third cut...
Crap!
My fourth cut...
#$%@&*!!!!

That's when I decided to stop and jump on the internet before I ruined anymore trim.

Who knew there's a certain way to cut crown molding??!!
You have to cut it upside down and at an angle.
Forget it! I can't stand on my head for that long. ((giggle))

So I decided to do some sewing instead. That's much safer.
I can't believe I haven't created anything in almost two months!
I'm working on something that will make everyone
hoppy, warm and fuzzy.

After all that, I was thrilled to see my buffalo check fabric for my bathroom curtain finally arrived today!! YaY!!
Man, this large check is so hard to find!
I had to buy upholstery fabric. But it's lightweight enough to work for curtain fabric.

I crammed it in the window just to show how pretty it will look.
See!

 photo bufcheck_zps68080f3a.jpg

The lighting makes everything look tan. But it's a linen color.

Hopefully in the next 48 hours we'll get the crown molding up, install the new toilet and sink.

I promise to post more photos as we finish up this project.

Happy Friday, everyone!!!

:> )









3 comments:

bayrayschild said...

Love, love, love what you're doing to your bathroom.
Wish I had that much space in mine.
The buffalo check has always been a favorite with me too.
Great choice of color!
Can't wait to see the final outcome!

Hugs, Audrey

Primitive Stars said...

Ohhh, looks wonderful Karin. I also have always loved the big buffalo check. So far looking great, Blessings Francine.

A Primitive Homestead said...

Your fabric matches perfectly and will make wonderful curtians

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...