Sunday, February 23, 2014

We're in the home stretch, (I think...)

Well, the crown molding is up and the john and sink are in. Hurray!!!

God bless my sweet hubs! For someone who never does this kind of stuff, he did a fantastic job considering what he had to work with!
Hmmm. I'm starting to wonder if he's been keeping his talents from me intentionally. The sneaky b*st*rd. ((giggle))

We still have more to do, like redo the window apron
(Ooops, I accidentally cracked it off) and add some simple crown molding across the top.

I decided I'm going to get another medicine cabinet. I'm no longer digging the one we have.

I also need to buy new towels... A new shower curtain... A braided rug... Sew a window curtain... the list goes on.
Does anyone have seeds for a money tree??

Here's a few photos of how it's looking so far.

Take a gander...

 photo redob1_zpsa334a491.jpg

Before:
beforebath3 photo beforebath3_zpsdefd0d03.jpg

After:
 photo redob5_zps784b9517.jpg

Before:
beforebath2 photo beforebath2_zps4cb4e302.jpg

After:
 photo redob3_zpsda09cfc1.jpg

Before:
beforebath1 photo beforebath1_zps460c2fd3.jpg

After:
 photo redob4_zpsec73f525.jpg


 photo redob2_zps5375fa91.jpg

I never did find a crapper to match the sink. I even contacted the company who made the sink hoping they would recommend something. Not a peep from them.

So the colors aren't exact. Oh well.
This old farmhouse (like us), is far from perfect. Truthfully, I like it that way.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

:> )


8 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

I love it Karin, I could live in the crapper it looks so cozy. I like that the sink and toilet don't match, that's just me...love the wood box you put the toilet paper in, great idea....Blessings Francine.

Earlene said...

Looks so clean and crisp. Very nice big bathroom...I love it!
Show us more when your done.
Enjoy your Sunday
Earlene

jennifer768 said...

Love,love it!! It is gorgeous,really like the flooring.If you find those seeds please reserve a few for me.LOL! Can't wait to see more.Be blessed,Jen

Dixie Redmond said...

It looks awesome! I'm inspired as we try to do a good job in our upstairs bath. :-)

Dixie

bayrayschild said...

OMG, your bathroom is absolutely WONDERFUL!
Man if it were mine I think I would add a comfy chair in there so I could just sit and enjoy all of the beautiful work that went into it =)

I'm in LOVE!
Audrey

Carol Roll said...

Gorgeous! and so spacious! Loved it before but so beautiful and refreshed. Just LOVELY and WOW!

Peri said...

Nicely done. I like the new simplicity. Should be tons easier to care for.

~*~Birdy~*~ said...

Love Love Love~*~ Birdy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...